18 May 2008

Of lazy days

Written Saturday in Bruge...

It's funny how the rain seems to follow you. I'm convinced that the monotonous, wet weather was the same that flooded parts of the DC area earlier in the week. What's funny is that in DC no one went out in it unless you absolutely had to. People here are still out and about walking and trying to go about their lives. Ok, many are tourists who don't want to get stuck in a hotel for the day, but still... (Pictured: the canals in Bruge)

I did a bit of going out in the morning. Had a rather pleasant walk actually. I managed to get a few things I needed. But for the most part, it's been a rather blah day spend in my tiny hostel room. I have managed to chat with R on Skype for quite a while, which was nice. But I do feel tired and I don't know if I'll get out to hear some of the live jazz I wanted to tonight.

I've also decided that I just don't like traveling alone. It's just not me. I want someone to experience things with, not just to be be someplace. The best part of my day was talking with R. She surprised me by saying she couldn't wait for me to get there because she wanted to go someplace in Bg with me. Not to go somewhere special, just to see something different in the country. I think I've given her the travel bug - which is good for me. (Pictured, more canals in Bruge - I particularly like this one).

As you can see by the pictures, I did manage to get out a bit last night between the raindrops (after I woke up at midnight from my 8 hr late afternoon nap). I like them...

Anyways, I'm off to watch a little BSG I've downloaded. Such a lazy day - it'd be great if I was in the states, but I wish I didn't spend my time in Bruge this way.

No comments: