13 May 2008

Of the start of something new...

I am not new to blogging. I have another blog elsewhere out in the grand ether known as the internet. But to be honest, somewhere along the line I lost my anonymity with it and thus lost my voice. It saddens me that I've stopped posting there after 4 years, but I no longer wrote for myself, but rather for my audience - and that's just not what I want.

So a quick, random bit about myself which (hopefully) won't cause me to lose that anonymity that I crave. I'm currently living in Washington, DC whilst going to graduate school focusing on European Affairs. I've lived abroad in Europe for over 2 years and am currently engaged to a wonderful Bg woman, who we shall call R, and we're set to be married later this summer providing the embassy in Sofia doesn't muck things up in a couple weeks.

I'm lucky enough to be spending the summer studying and traveling in Europe. I'm even going to a number of places I'm ashamed to say I've missed in my previous travels. I'm a bit of a news hound and political junkie, so I hope to make a rant or two as the year progresses. Of course, this should include international politics as well as that minor affair engrossing US politics right now.

No matter what, I hope to post with regularity sharing my whimsical discoveries, deeper learning, exciting experiences and fun travels. Yeah, that sounded utterly corny. Regardless, I hope to write better than I am now closing in at 4am local. This should be fun.

No comments: