14 May 2008

Of Procrastination and Packing

So I did the whole "day before you leave running around like a madman" thing today. Per usual, I didn't get half of what's on my list done. Par for the course I guess. I don't know about anyone else, but I always end up packing at the last minute for things. It doesn't matter what I'm packing for, it could be a day trip or 80 days in Europe. I give pretty much the same consideration to my packing. As of yet, this hasn't turned around and bit me too badly. But there's a first for everything.

I'm just plain exhausted. I don't know if it's been the endless stress and go of the past 5 months or simply the lack of sleep the last three weeks. Today I just am running out of steam. I'm working towards an easier Fall/Winter by pushing myself as hard as I can go right now. No matter how hard I push though, I always feel lazy - like I could've done more. Maybe I have ADD or something, because at times I just cannot focus on what I need to be doing...

Like right now for example. I really should be cleaning and packing so that my things get done. Heck, I could even rationalize a healthy bowl of ice cream in order to finish off what's in the freezer before I leave. It's great to be able to rationalize ice cream. But I sit here on my duff writing a blog post I just don't have time for after checking my email, my flight itinerary, my facebook, the latest NPR hourly update on my podcast (cool note that John Edwards endorsed Obama tonight - let's just get this primary shtick over with).

Anyway, I digress (which means the opposite of what most people think). I'm off to pack for this last summer adventure of mine. Some people have bachelor parties, I have summer trips to Europe. By this point tomorrow I'll be most of the way to Brussels. Here's hoping I've enjoyed a glass or two of wine and am soundly asleep.

I might make a notation tomorrow, but if not, I'll next write from Bruge. Yeah, it's just starting to hit me I'm headed back over the pond (there's knowing and then there's realizing).

Happy times.

No comments: